Monday 2 September 2013

Running in Japan

 
 
As you might expect in a country known as the land of the rising sun, training during the peak of summer in Japan is a challenge when you parachute in from the more tepid climes of Northumberland, UK. For the first two weeks that I spent in Kyoto Prefecture, my new home, the daily high was 38C.
I have been fortunate enough to find a fairly well maintained cinder track, which is only 10 minutes slow jogging time away from my apartment. This bodes well for future plans of training and PB breaking ways. However, the heat and humidity has so far made it impossible to stick to the training schedule and split times that my UK based coach has been emailing out to me.  Talking to the locals, they’ve said that this has been an exceptionally hot summer in Japan. Temperatures are expected to cool to more manageable levels, in October.


No comments:

Post a Comment